While he describes his career path as meandering, Andy Vance’s experiences as an agricultural broadcaster, business owner and writer have given him a unique perspective on consumer engagement in agriculture. In his current role as account director at Penton, Andy uses these experiences to work with agricultural companies on advertising and marketing strategies. Beyond this, he is also a popular keynote speaker, trainer and consultant for agricultural organizations.
In this conversation, Andy discusses the generational differences in relationships with food and moving agriculture’s mindset from educating consumers to engaging consumers.
Also discussed in this episode:
- How becoming a parent influences perspectives on food and farm conversations
- An unconventional undergraduate journey
- Experiences as an agricultural broadcaster
- Balancing professional and personal social media use and conversations
- Getting out of the agriculture echo chamber
- Niche markets becoming commodities
- How students can build relationships in the industry